Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Testing 1,2

Grazie to Maurizio Maddaloni's companion for snapping the pictures.

Here is a pre-test shot of Kenneth Jay and me as he offers some support on the Push Press. This was the trickiest skill for me. Add that to the time spent on our stomachs listening,observing,trouble shooting and practicing Core Skills, to the Burpees and earned swings, well, there was neuro-muscular confusion.
I tested in this order: Pistol,Pull-up,Windmill,Push Press, Bent Press. All practices for push press with 16kg. Needed to feel the push of the bell and to keep the heels down. I test it with a 20 kg. I'm asked to demonstrate it with the 12kg too, since I had carried it along. Pass- and on to the Bent Press. Lat and tri-ceps squeezing the sponge-pass. More experience with this may reveal why so many folks like this lift. Nothing against it, just not something I practice with regularity.

No comments: