Monday, July 7, 2008

Dull, not shiny

07/05/08
Clean up weight room-20 +mins. Spent time re-racking plates galore. Unsafe to walk through, let alone lift in this condition.
Class-had some new folks who are personal trainers. Went over safety,picking up/putting down the bell,wall squat,bridge,tough love, swing, cheat curl,walking in rack, single press to OH carry/walk,MP,FSquat, Single leg deadlift and loading bell from supine as if for gu/tgu. Breathing part of practice. Nothing shiny except our sweat. Good work all!
Class #2- Presented Kim with her own 12kg carried in fresh from the cert. Put Morris through drop sets of swings, Kim worked at her own pace as she has been bell-less for several weeks.
7/06/08
12:50pm
2Hsw 12kg 3(20),5(10)
Flip+Squat 12kg 2mins
Windmill 12kg 3(5/5)
VPPress 12kg 3/3,5/5,7/7 this has settled in and I am not having to force heels down. I do see tendency that arm wants to go off vertical in rack,as noted by KJ.
5 minutes snatches 12kg switch every 10 reps.
7/07/08
Ashtanga "Rock&Roll Style" Door btwn rooms open so I enjoyed some hard rock. Up to Maricyasana C+Navasana.
On to kbs: All 16 kg
30secs work FSq.
1/2/3/4/5 belly push up
plank
30 secs 2HSw
30 secs each low plank,high plank, low,hi
farmer's carry
snatch 6 (11/11) *more hip snap,reach back and hike pass it!
Pull-ups 5/4/3
HLR 5
Handstand holds
2HSw 12kg 3(20)

5 comments:

fawn said...

Looking good Katie!
How was it having some personal trainers in your class?

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Hey Fawn! The trainers were very attentive and responsive to the instruction. I did an "on the spot" feedback strand " It surprised me that it/you/I..." They were surprised that old nagging injuries did not hurt and that they were able to "do" the class. I shared that I was surprised how quickly they got the hip hinge and the clean. We also had a candid email exchange beforehand:)
Your training is looking good. I am excited for your your big day!

Howie B said...

Hey Katie, get them trainers in shape! What is the VPPress?

fawn said...

It is nice to work with people who pick up KBs quickly, isn't it? Sounds like a great experience. I am thinking about starting an intermediate class for my group. It was so nice to talk to you about class training style...

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Howie-the vpp is a push press,you can rest with arm/s locked out overhead, not in rack. It's no big deal really,until you do a lot of them or go heavy. Or do a Vo2 with it. I'll have to give it some mileage until I can judge it further,personally. I tested it w/a 20kg as i have a hard time feeling the bell in a pp and am thick headed that way at times...
Fawn-Yes, it is cool when people pick it right up on it and makes me wonder if we,I mean people in general, might just over think things;)
Or maybe things were not thought over enough...Bad News Bears RKCII.