Saturday, July 19, 2008

If you missed practice today...

For those of you following along at home...
Warm-ups w/ focus on single leg balance and stability
30 secs: 3x (1Hsw-L,Fsq,1Hsw-R,Fsq,2Hsw)
30 secs: 3x (Snatch L,Goblet sq,Snatch L, Goblet sq)
Hi-pulls 3x3(5/5)
30 secs: 3x (Snatch L/R,scorpion 5/5,hi plank/low plank, dive bombers 5)
No weight single leg balance like Ardha Chandrasana and on to
Single leg DL 3(5/5)
Rows 2 (5/4/3/2/1)
"ab" complex w/ focus on laughing! Find those abs,dig in.
Rest in Sphinx
CK-FMS is coming up and I do look forward to the benefits this should have for my students. With that said, I have some specific goals and questions to "take with." JT has what I perceive as patterning issues which are NOT being addressed in his football S&C sessions. There is little focus on durability, it seems. The good thing is that he is concerned about how to improve his technique,balance and so forth. He's about 6'4" =200lbs. Gots lots to work with.
I'll be the weight room assistant this year at school and this will be a fantastic opportunity to work with athletes and coaches. I'm psyched about this position:)

7 comments:

Howie B said...

Weight room assistant - excellent opportunity. Congratulations!

Taikei Matsushita said...

6 feet 4 inches and 200 pounds football player still in Jr high, from what I sense coach's expectation is high for this kid.
Probably linebacker and tight end playing both ways?

Gabi said...

Congrats, Katie, that's a great position! I'm looking for something similar myself.

Mike T Nelson said...

Congrats on the new position--nice work!!

Hope to see you back in MN in early Aug again!

Rock on
Mike N

Franz Snideman said...

I'll see you at the CK-FMS!

Mike T Nelson said...

I won't be at the upcoming FMS, but to anyone that is around, drop me a line and hopefully we can meet up and chat since I am here in MN--maybe at Fawns place???

rock on
Mike N

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Franz-So glad you can make it to the CK-FMS! See you there!

Mike-For sure we'll get to chat , I'll be in touch before arrival.