Saturday, May 3, 2008

Kentucky Derby time

Lots of festivities these last few days. More frequent sightings of the "Party Wagon." An old converted fire truck with a hot tub in it and a bar, apparently, and loud music. Classy.
5/2/08
Ashtanga Full Primary Series. Home practice felt very strong and light which is a relief after riding in a coach and eating road food for 3 days. I realize that when I travel, I tend to hoard food. I packed "spare protein," nuts, wheat crackers, and fruit. Having done this trip to Chicago many times, the habit to bring food takes on new meaning. I know we are going to eat, so what's the big deal? I guess having alternative to MacVomald's is why because I pay for eating it for over a week. Not this year as I actually ate the food I packed.
A note about yoga,and Fawn may have mentioned this as she practices "Mysore style" too. In Ashtanga practice, you may attend lead classes or practice on your own in a room of other people doing the same series. The teacher is available for adjustments or to remind you what posture is next. In a led class, the count is in Sanskrit,and asanas too, of course. Where I practice, lead classes can either stop at the standing postures+ beginner's finishing or Full Primary+ finishing.

No comments: