Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Good to go!

I had a cold last week but now I am good to go again. It is reassuring to read that I don't have to do snatch test in June. My goal is to arrive in decent condition to enjoy and learn as much as possible from RKC II experience and be able to put the lessons into practice. Also, to contribute my energy and enthusiasm for the RKC system while I am there! The opportunity to compare notes, reflect on teaching and students' progress will be valuable. Just hanging with people who like to lift stuff will be cool.
5/24/08
We practiced outside and my "kids" got some exposure to juggling, open palm cleans and other "let'r go" kb drills. Also walking swings and see-saw press.
5/26/08
I taught Ashtanga Led 1-2. Ashtanga is the style of yoga in my personal practice but not the style of yoga I normally teach. The reason is that at my studio you must study in India with Pattabhi Jois to teach Ashtanga. Kettlebell teachers also must be RKC's! I sweated out the last of my cold during this class.
5/27/08
30 secs each 2hsw,1 hsw/1hsw,alt swing =2 mins. Rest 30 secs and repeat. Then 5 minutes swing staring at the top of minute w/20 reps.
2x12 kg MPs 30 secs on 30 secs off x3
2x12kg Frsquats 30 secs on 30 secs of burpees x4
Took a look at jerks and talked about what they aren't-a push press
Snatches 3(11/11) 12kg I felt good and strong during the practice and look forward to more solid practices.

2 comments:

Howie B said...

Glad you're feeling better! One thing which stood out for me at the AKC Cert this weekend was that it was the first time I got to hang out with other bellheads! It was great. For the first time, I didn't have to explain bells to anyone. Everyone had the same energy and enthusiasm toward the bells. It was WAY COOL!! I am so looking forward this these kinds of interactions in the future.

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Howie-Totally there with you on being on the company of kbheads. You can totally geek out talking about how weather impacts your grip,bell dimension/handle size,footwear,when/how to breathe,blah blah and people UNDERSTAND and you can be as intense as you want to on it. I am glad you had fun!