Monday, August 11, 2008

A Tremendous Weekend at CK-FMS


This gathering of RKCs at the first ever CK-FMS put on by Dragon Door was out of this world! This morning I boarded my plane, took my seat and waited to get sealed in for take-off. I closed my eyes and visions of the events of the past weekend filled my mind. I was full to overflowing with passion for the work I will be doing with my clients as a result of the top notch presentations by Master RKC, Brett Jones-MS,CSCS and Gray Cook-MS,PT,OCS,CSCS,RKC. My heart was feeling full too as I reflected on the time spent with comrades and comrade ladies. We focused on the day's tasks at the workshop; screenings, labs,lectures, case studies, Q&A, and discussions. At the day's end we found ourselves together again, pinching ourselves to see if this was really happening. Faces came together with names and we began to understand the significance of the weekend.

Surely the plane should have taken off by now, I thought. It seemed like maybe 20 minutes had passed. A glance out the window revealed that we were well into cruising altitude and very obviously had achieved lift off! How did I miss that?!
It is one thing to walk through the airport after these convergences in Minnesota and be processing the event, but to be so deep in flow to not notice take off was sweet.

Thursday
Early arrival allowed me to spend time with wonderful Fawn Friday, yogini, kettlebell,strength athlete and friend. While Fawn met with a client, I enjoyed breakfast at Little Scandanavia. A Lefse (potato tortilla) wrapped omlette provided a much needed boost. Fawn coached me through squats and deadlifts over at The Press Gym, where she trains for powerlifting. Fawn is a record setter and her favorite lift is the squat. Get over to her blog or hit YouTube to see for yourself the feats she has achieved!
On to the hotel for check in. Gabi is there but not in the room. Quick chill time and then a forced march up Grand Ave and Summit to check out the lovely homes, the Cathedral and lofty views of the area. Perfect weather. Dry,clear and a cleansing breeze. I sit on the steps of the cathedral to people watch,reflect and also anticipate the workshop. I get back to hotel and meet up with Gabi! We go walking and purchase chocolate for the AM/PM/PMS Boost protocol. This is healthy!

Then Franklin finds us! This is getting better and better! RKCs pour into The Liffey. Phil, "eat all day,"Scarito suggests the steak spinach salad. Franz joins us, more RKCs continue to bounce, broad shouldered, around the wooden tall tables like we are jumbled in a living pinball machine! RKC,Is,IIs,TL,Masters,Seniors,Chief it is happy mayhem at the meet and greet! Mike Z Health Nelson and Jodie swing by.

6 comments:

Phil Scarito said...

Kate,

I just showed my wife your utube video, awesome. I read the entire manual again on the plane ride home. It really started to make sense. Looking foward to doing some screens.

Keep in touch.

Phil.

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Hi Phil-I'll be getting some more vid together,instructional and otherwise and it will be cool to see what you come up with too. The weekend exceeded my expectations on all levels. It was really great talking with you. I'll be screening some folks this evening to get in the groove with it. I've got you linked on my blog roll.-Kate

Gabi said...

I'm still pinching myself :) An obvious case of PFS (Post-FMS Syndrome) and I of course bought some dark chocolate today to treat it with, anything else would have been, well, unhealthy ;)

Howie B said...

Sounds awesome. And I'm particularly envious of the Franklin sandwich in the picture!

Mike T Nelson said...

Awesome to see you (and everyone else) again briefly while you were here in MN. Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the cert which is great. Keep us updated on how it goes and what you learn.
Rock on
Mike " Z Health" Nelson--ha.

Franklin said...

I am so glad I got to hang with you at the Cert! What an amazing time and incredible experience! I forgot about the snatch photo .. very nice! .. although I'm the only one struggling.

I'm having the same issues as Gabi with PFS as I miss everyone so much. And there just wasn't enough time to talk to everyone.

We probably will never have the opportunity again for so many RKCs to get together in one place. It was a chance of lifetime and I'm glad we got to participate in it.