Friday, August 1, 2008

Cool fun in St. Louis




Morris and I made an impromptu trip to St. Louis to see the Botanical Gardens and thought we might surprise Fawn and friends-which we did but we did not actually see them. We met John and Angela from The Press and checked out the PL scene. The last time I was in St.Louis was when I drove my lemon yellow '75 VW Westy to Moab,Utah from PA. That was in 1993. On that trip I kept the hazard lights on through flat Kansas as there was a 'Vette meet and they greased by the fuel injected Lemon Pop as if we were standing still. Safety first and a spare 10 gallons of gas!

4 comments:

CI said...

The Botanical Gardens are definitely one of my favorite things here in terms of tourist attractions. No trips to the Arch :) I've been here over 12 years and never actually gone up in it.

CI

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

No, I've never been up in the arch, just wave as I drive by. It was such as easy drive up there we hope to return to look at the garden as the seasons change and catch a leisurely meal somewhere.
Sounds like the meet in Michigan was a success and it is good to see that Phillip made it up there to represent for KY!!

CI said...

MI meet was a blast.

P-Hump did KY Proud

fawn said...

I thought Missouri was really pretty. That Botanical Garden looks beautiful. Too bad I missed you guys, Boo hoo for me...

Raw Nationals are going to be in Charlottesville VA next year.

I am looking forward to see you next weekend... BBQ at my house on Friday???