Friday, August 29, 2008

Remove a negative

Tired and happy. Fit in a little lifting this week. I keep a log on paper, which may be more interesting to readers than what I post and for sure has more details and accurate info about what I do in my own training/practice. I've shuffled around some responsibilities for this Fall with the goal to bring consistency to my own practices.
Couple snatch ladders this week. Tuesday 16 kg 10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1/,teach yoga-classes are 75 mins.
Thursday snatch ladder 16kg 14/13/12/11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1
Throughout the week chop and lift from tall kneeling. BW pull ups,Rrows off 16 kgs 3(5/5). Today 1leg dl w/12kg contra lateral to instep.
Worked with women's soccer team in weight room. They do a 45 sec. circuit-weeha. Some machines and bw. Hmm. Several of them enjoy lifting which is cool. Worst machine they "do" is the seated leg extension. Their fav is the incline squat.
Did light dl work w/ straight bar and pinch grip,wrist/forearm stuff w/ various small plates.

3 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Kate,

Nice to see you doing snatch ladders with the 16kg. Looks like that weight is no problem for you.

For sure you can snatch the 20kg for reps....not that you need to......but I just have a feeling that it wouldn't be a super challenge for you.

Gabi said...

I was thinking the same thing... You could try and mix in a couple of sets of low reps with the 20kg to reinforce a powerful hip snap.
(At least me, I often have the feeling that a (for me) challenging weight forces me to clean up my technique more effectively, it magnifies minor flaws.)
Dead snatches with a lighter weight could have a similar effect.

P.S.: My big toe is slowly-slowly getting used to having to work :)

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Franz,
20 kg would be a challenge and something I do from time to time. Low rep & multi set.
Gabi,
I work them in also as drop sets. I really like my 20kg and need to use it more.