Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fridays: Everyone's favorites

At the BBQ with Vicki and Jodie hosted by Fawn & Aaron.
BBQ at the Fridays! Best fun ever and I did not want to leave. I am sure there are some entertaining pictures in the blogosphere!
Friday's schedule included background and philosophy of The Functional Movement Screen,tests,scoring and labs. Man, this is good stuff. Except for the Rotary Stability. Os and Heidi head up to the front for screening. Danielle Cook and Doc Cheng are there to help. With the screen to "protect us from our opinions" we observe the process and the experts at work. We see the value of being consistent and methodical on the front end. We move to the auditorium for more learning. No disco ball, it is Brett and we are proud to see him before us as we build the bridge between the RKC system and the Functional Movement Screen. Frequent reminders not to assume anything keeps us alert and engaged.

3 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Great seeing you Kate! Looking forward to see your results with the movement screen. So far the results have been instantaneous with the few clients I have used it on!

Rock on!!!!

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Hello Franz, great to see you too! That's fantastic that the "aha" moments revealed themselves so quickly for your clients. I won't be dragging my heels putting this screen into practice and I anticipate positive results for my clients too. Say hello to Yoanna for me.
-Continue to rock!

Aaron Friday said...

Three super ladies right there.

FMS or whatever it takes to get you into town is OK by me.