Thursday, April 24, 2008

Masala tea training

4/24
Carpool duty afterschool all week,hop to ruck kbs to car from school to yoga studio for afternoon kb class. No time to change or coffee beverage of chumps...surf skirt make it work clear the road I'm home. Load the dogs and walk. Don't tangle with the Rat Terrier. Parkside people trying hard to relax...
Guy knows my voice by phone and sends masala tea with the Indian carry me home...sweet sweet tea. Farmer's carry 2x12 kg 7 minutes, no breaks,no set downs,park them run alley down-back,pick up bells upstairs,down,park.
Kb class 20 kg OH hold 45 secs 3x (L/R).
Best quote from Becky, one of my senior kb students, "This is what I am giving myself for my 80th birthday...yoga and kettlebells;not to be in a wheelchair when I am 80 years old."
Becky began yoga at age 50 and I don' t know how long she has been praticing, doesn't matter. She learns to find her strength and balance in her practices. She is darling and honestly looks younger than when I first met her.

6 comments:

fawn said...

I love that you teach yoga and kb's! I think the two are a perfect compliment!

You writing is like a poem...

Howie B said...

I think we should all take a crack at poetry. My specialty used to be limericks! I'll see how creative I can be. =) 45 second holds huh? Nice!

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Fawn, I love it that your "handle" is The Yoganator! The "Kettlebells for your Yoga" classes are quite a hit.
Howie- Did your DD bell/s arrive? I am psyched for you to bust into the box:). The balance on the DDs can't be beat.

Howie B said...

Nope, not yet. But I'm waiting for the UPS guy to arrive any minute now....

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Howie...you are staked out behind a curtain to observe the delivery person's confusion as he lugs a box labeled....no wait-that's a surprise for you. Enjoy;)

Howie B said...

What's it going to be labelled???????