Monday, April 7, 2008

Dinner with Russian friends

There were several birthdays in my circle of friends this month and the invitation to celebrate them with our Russian friends was a highlight of my spring break. The care taken to prepare delicious food and bring people together, to slow down and talk over a multi-course meal is an excellent way to recharge. An appropriate beverage accompanied each course. Salmon served on greens with a white wine followed cauliflower apple soup garnished with diced green onion and apples. Sparkling wine was served with the soup. The salmon was "for in between." The main course, with red wine, was rack of lamb and a sauce I'll call Drunken cherry sauce. Warm homemade bread was available. Then dessert was a tiramisu and hot, hot tea from the samovar with mandarin bourbon as an option. Vodka throughout was an option. I have to budget 6 or 7 hours for these events!

4 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

Katie, you're good story teller.
Sounds very very delicious.

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

These events always make for good stories. I think I did not train much in April, but ate a lot of good food. Sat back and watch everyone's snatch numbers roll up and up and up.

Howie B said...

Mmmmm, sounds yummy!!

Lauren Brooks said...

Sounds amazing! I have some Russian friends and Vodka is usually not an option. 8-)

Fun times!