Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bam bam

Some doubles work during a short break.
Dbl sw 2x12 20
Dbl snatch 2x12 10
Dbl Farmer's walk 60 sec
active rest walking leg raises front and side
Repeat three times.bambambam. This was fun and contributed to a great frame of mind for the afternoon.

Several hours later: warm up w/class.Jm,agility and so forth.
3(10) dbl sw
shrug/tillt/farmer's walk
dbl snatch 1(10)
anchored clean 5/5 to alt clean 1(5/5) to demo
alt press 2 (10/10)
snatch 16 kg 5/4/3/2/1 just once but bell felt crazy light. Students completed 3 sets and were cooking!
1leg balancing
pistol 1l/1r unloaded,rack 12kg 1r. Easy. Do both sides next time.
rack 2x12 pistol down...but not back up. I've got it in me, needs grooved.

4 comments:

Howie B said...

Nice work with the BamBam, Pebbles! Keep working them pistols!!

Gabi said...

Hey, Kate,
those pistols are impressive!
My one-leg balance is horrible, I keep drifting left or right, I'm glad if I can maintain it for the time of one rep :D
I'm planning to try and work up to Fawn Friday's one-legged sots press some time, but Cert is first! :)

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

I agree that Fawn's 1 leg sots is the real deal though i've not seen vid. Saw vid of double 16kg sots and that was awesome. She made it look easy! Your practices look fabulous. No doubt you will be well prepared for cert. If you can balance on a rock in moving water, you can do pistol, I bet:)

Gabi said...

I don't know if there's a vid, I've seen a pic on her blog.
Maybe I'll have to practice pistols on rock in water :D but have to fight my fight with those double 12s first... somehow they don't really look easy in my performance :)

Happy Easter!