Saturday, September 5, 2009

PET Scan-Good news!

PET scan results are negative which indicates success of treatments. Yea!! Does this mean I have to stop my weekly chocolate malt habit? The answer is yes.
As far as my "recovery exercise program" goes, I added yoga several times a week in August. I started with some gentle classes just to see where my heart was. In a silent room of strangers... emotions happen. You hope they do! Ustrasana,yes, some spillover-all good. Hips are crazy tight and glutes sleepy. Feet and ankles likewise feel beat up after a certain amount of walking and activity. Foam roller work, tennis balls,The Stick,enough but not too much yoga and single leg and split body work at kbs.

I am very psyched that the next 2 month's schedule at Yoga East includes beginning Ashtanga and Ashtanga inspired classes. It once would have been unheard of to utilize props, but these classes will permit it. Full Primary incorporates much forward folding asanas but my left side just won't tolerate this. The option to use blocks and a strap will be a great support. The practice, always accessible, will in fact draw folks who may have shied away from Mysore class.

Getting stronger each week!

4 comments:

Alice said...

Alice told me about the PET scan news. that's great! Congrats - c

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Thanks! See you soon, hopefully before the hike.

Franklin said...

Great news!!

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

It is exciting to have that good news to share, thanks for stopping by ye'old blog.