Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cold and crunchy

Monday taught yoga while the snow fell.Stayed out on X-C skis till midnight. Nice snow pack on roads and able to groom my own trail through the park to make a loop. It was relaxing to watch the ski tips punch through the powder. Snow day Tuesday. Yes! Taught Kbs and worked out the kinks from Saturday's 50/50.
Today I plowed through 50/50 with the 12kg again but this time as 10/10 through 5 times. Set the Boss for 40 minutes. Completed time: 36:42. By round 3 I felt warmed up and,of course, I had rushed up to that point, so round 4 I tried to slow down to pace the breathing. Bullied through 5th round. Push presses are...not. Still MP with a hop. Jerks are good and I like finishing off the rounds with those. Rode out the clock with overhead holds.Woof.
My impression is that the frequent transitions from lift to lift contribute to speeding and inefficient breathing,at least for me,today. Good practice.

No comments: