Thursday, June 19, 2008

Full Primary

6/18/08
It is great to be back on my mat/in the studio. Kim P led an inspired class! Kim was my first Ashtanga teacher, first yoga teacher really, so beginners mind is "what it is" when I attend her led or Mysore style classes.I did do asana while in Costa Rica-I took my mat and a Thera-band along. There were places along the way for pull ups. The first 5 nights we walked 4miles per night on patrol/working with Leatherbacks, when they came up on shore. Now is the end of the nesting season for them so there were not so many though each patrol group had the opportunity to work with at least one Baula (the name for Leatherbacks in CR). I think it is the Greens that arrive next.
For grip work I wrung out my laundry. Hiking in primary and secondary rain forest was lots of fresh air for the lungs. Three ample,delicious meals prepared for us each day. I felt like we ate constantly.
We played the locals in soccer and even though we mixed Ticos and Americans we toally got crushed. They also out danced us on more than one occasion, but now at least we can work on salsa and cumbia and maybe not look like total squares on the dance floor.
6/19/08
This time next week I'll be in Minnesota. I'll arrive early, catch a yoga class with Fawn and perhaps her kettlebell class. I can use some coaching on my bent press. I really don't know what to expect for Level II as far as endurance and strength demands. I'll be selective in my choice of bells. Last June I went with a 20,16 and 12 kg. That was peachy and worked out fine,except when I had to run to the rec hall restroom. Live and learn:) I'd love to attend her kb class even if to observe.
Today's bells:
3*20 reps(20kg,16kg,12kg,8kg) = 240 2hswings
2(5/5) windmill
Bent press 2/2 worked on these with rocks in CR to keep a groove. We'll see soon enough.
8 minutes tgu+windmill 12 kg

3 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

I'll be in Minnesota Wednesday. Airport around noon. See you with the Fridays.

Gabi said...

Welcome back, Katie, sounds like you've had a good time :)

fawn said...

Katie,
I am really looking forward to your visit! I will see you in a couple days! I have Kettlebells and yoga planned for us!