Friday, August 20, 2010

Muscling up with Kettlebell Muscle?

Last post I was debating on what size bells to use for the program. I used the guideline of a pair of bells "you can comfortably press 10 times." Trick statement?! I can comfortably press a pair of 12s 10 times. I can press 16s many times. I can press the 20 easily for multiple singles. So I went with the 12s. Last Saturday's heavy volume day was a little rough. That day I felt fine. Sunday was fair, but on Monday I did not want to pick up the bells at all. My heart pounded at night and I did not sleep well. But I picked up a pair of 12s to tackle medium volume day. No muscle soreness whatsoever but my CNS was fried. I suffered. Rest,rest,rest. Tuesday I did nothing, Wednesday I chilled, and felt back to normal. Thursday I practiced with a pair of 8s for light volume day. It was easy to complete and my recovery was been typical. Eat,rest,hydrate.
Clients enjoy the program and stick to it easily. Actually, they don't stick to it.They want more...let's see how that plays out as work to rest ratio changes.
We all see grip attacked and beefy forearms. Doubles work and force generated with hip drive gives folks something to ponder.
Just wanted to ping a post out before tomorrow's practice.

11 comments:

Roger said...

Comrade instructor: My personnel observations after training. I can tell my muscles and my central nervous system are fried. The day after practice I feel edgy. The last two weeks I seem to be hungry all the time. Cows, horses, chickens and soy beans are not safe in my presence. I can already see a change in my physique.

Speaking for myself, I believe most of your students just want to hone there kb skills. We are still having fun. I worry about the lower rest ratio in the coming weeks. The first few practices felt like high altitude training (Not enough air) My breathing has improved.
I want to have forearms like Popeye, If I see any spinach it’s gone. gaga gaga

Roger

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Hi Roger,
Thanks for stopping by the blog. You HAVE forearms like Popeye. You should be pleased that you continue using the same size kbs for the program. Watching everyone's coordination and force generation for these double lifts is amazing. So strong! See you in class.

Unknown said...

I use the Kettlebell for ABS fits well on the Ab area only 10kgs

Casey said...

wow..you guys are really into Men's Health

Anonymous said...

A journal or diary written for public viewing on a website and consisting typically of personal reflections, commentary on current events, etc. arranged chronologically

Origin:

intransitive verb blogged, blogging blog′·gong
to maintain or contribute to a blog...

reginag said...

Sounds intense!
mango extract

Jim Kipp said...

Kettle bells are a great exercise tool. Love them.
Jim Kipp

Pram said...

http://pram-crossfitblog.blogspot.com/
I will be bloggin about Crossfit workouts, weightlifting and much much more! :) check it out and leave a comment! :) If you enjoy what you see please follow my blog! :)

Clive said...

Making muscles are very difficult job what with a specific proven training could help in knee pain treatment also.

jeremy said...

I tend to do hardwork and consistent workout.

revenue cycle bpo

Vicky said...

Thank you for your sharing! I like your posts very much,they are interesting and meaningful!
mother of the bride suits