Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Human interest story #1 Sadie






Louisville experienced 85 mph winds in September's Hurricane Ike. Power and school shut down for over a week. Is was nice to sleep outside in quiet darkness. It was restorative to me. In November we inherit an "abandoned" dog. A nice leather collar and sweet temperament indicate that she has been loved. Her name is Sadie and no one seemed to be looking for her. In February, her ex-owner and my husband meet while walking. Her ex-owner has a new living situation that includes 2 female dogs with whom Sadie cannot tolerate. At some point Sadie is placed in a new home, but she runs away. I guess they did not think to read the "found dog classifieds" or post a sign?! Our two dogs accepted her pretty immediately-as if they had a say. A young cat found the back porch appealing and with the terrific cold we had, I built her a swell shelter with a sleeping bag and all. At this moment ,he, I have to remember it's a boy cat, is jelled on our couch. "Buster" the cat has put the stink eye on all of our dogs. Even the old hound who thinks cats are tasty avoids Buster.

A January ice storm cancels school for a week and again we are without power for over a week. Brr. I had a cold with a fever during that time. Prior to that I experienced some un-fun energy drain unrelated to training. That was November through January. My training is in maintenance mode with plenty of tgu's. My energy is feeling very normal again.

No comments: